Thursday, February 19, 2009

Unique Ways of Blogging in the Classroom

Tomorrow I am presenting at my convention on blogging in the classroom. I am basing it heavily on a blog research project I do, . I have done a lot of research to help facilitate my position on my staff of the technology leader. Many of my staff would love to use more technology in the classroom but have a number of different issues.

My experiment for tommorrow is:
- Ask my PLN (you) what issues are out there that frighten or prevent teachers from incorporating more technology, like blogs, into their classroom.

- Ask the presentation attendees what prevents them from incorporating more technology, like blogs, into their classroom.

- Discuss those questions during my presentation and try to answer or give places or peoples names that could help to answer.

So ...what issues are out there that frighten or prevent teachers from incorporating more technology, like blogs, into their classroom?


My presentation Wiki ...http://blog-preso-convention09.wikispaces.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The teachers that are not involved in technology that I know are not using it because they feel that what they are doing is working and has worked for all of their teaching career and there is no reason to add "one more thing".
There is also a fear of publishing on the internet.

Donna DesRoches said...

I think that technology in the past has been difficult to learn and to use easily within the classroom. I believe that things have changed but teachers are still apprehensive about the learning curve and how to handle things if they go wrong. They know they must meet curricular objectives and worry that they might loose precious time.

Kim said...

Eldon, I agree with both Kathy and Donna as to why teachers seem to fear technolgy. I would like to add that I think there's a fine line between enforcing technology on people and allowing people to follow their own interests and needs. Honestly, I would probably not have tried as many new things were it not for a computer class I am currently taking. So in a way, I have been forced to learn new things. But I'm also finding a personal interest. I think we need to encourage and support educators in their endeavors whatever they may be and give people time to learn on deeper levels as we expect of our students.