Some of the advantages of this type of study are:
- Students are able to focus on the play not note taking.
- Students get insights from each other.
- Students practice dictating self notes.
- Students learn to use a wiki.
- Students get to display podcast projects.
- Students provide each other with links to extra resources.
Some of the disadvantages are:
- Some students zone out and don't take advantage of the extra focus.
- If wiki is not accessed, notes are useless.
- If the Internet is down, as it has been a lot lately, cannot work on the wiki.
- Lack of effort in note taking hurts all students.
All in all, this has been a good project. I believe that this unit works well for this since Old English is difficult for students to understand. I look forward to this years students podcast being added next week.